I do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
Information I Collect
In running and maintaining my website I may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of my site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register to receive notification of my diary updates.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with me by any means.
I may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off my cookies or third-party cookies in your browser setting, or by managing preferences in programmes such as Norton Internet Security. However, this may affect how you are able to interact with my site and, more likely, other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programmes such as forums or personal accounts.
Use of Your Information
I use the information that I collect from you to provide my services to you and so I may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To notify you when I have updated my website such as posting another Chapter.
- To provide information to you that you request from me relating to my website and diary entries.
- To inform you of any changes to my website terms & conditions
Where your consent has been provided in advance I may allow selected third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods and services which I believe may interest you. Where such consent has been provided it can be withdrawn by you at any time.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that I sell my website to the buyer.
- Where I am legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
Access to Information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016 you have the right to access any information that I hold relating to you. Please note that I reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 to cover costs incurred by me in providing you with the information.